Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Next Step!!

Well, yesterday afternoon I went to see a movie with a friend and when I got home, I checked my phone for texts/emails.  I had like 3 junk mails and one other email...it said in big bold scary letters....LSAC SCORE

I almost dropped my phone...I was petrified.  Of course the score would come today...right after I blogged about how worried I was about it.  I prayed for peace and I know for sure several others had as well.  I couldn't open the email though.  I was paralyzed with doubt.  I had a mini convo with the Man Upstairs and said that if I scored badly, I'm not supposed to go to law school and I will move on and pursue his will.  Then I texted my husband and told him the email had come, and I was too chicken to open it.  He was so comforting...he said "just open it baby, no matter what I support you and you're still amazing."  


I opened the email with tears running down my face and took a huge breath in...
moment
of
truth...


155  in the 63rd percentile


I had been hoping for the 150's.  I didn't want to get my hopes up and I had done some research into what a decent acceptable score would be, so 150 was my goal.  I wasn't elated with the score, as I am pretty used to scoring in the 90-99th percentiles all throughout school, but then I thought some about it.  What kind of people go to law school (or try to at least...)? Mostly some of the smartest people from college.  So of the smartest people from high school, who got into college, and then the smartest of those, I did better than 63% of them...not too shabby.  I couldn't have done any of it without God...


So I then went online and began comparing my icky GPA and my decent LSAT score with several NC law schools' acceptance data.  There is at least a glimmer of hope.  

I don't want to take the test again, as it is a logic based exam and you really don't get much better with multiple tries and it is cumulative so even if I scored much better, which is unlikely, a school would be considering all of my scores combined.


Not to mention that test was BRUTAL.  It was pretty long...from about 12:30 PM until about 5:30 PM with only one 15 minute break and it was very mentally straining.  You basically are trying to sort out really complex logic from long wordy paragraph-formed questions and answer choices or reading long passages and then answering equally long questions about them in a very short amount of time.  Then there was the writing sample...


Now, I am 24 so I have been using a computer since kindergarten.  Writing by hand pretty much went out the window after my AP english exam senior year of high school.  Everything in college with exception of one or two blue book exams, was typed, to include class notes, emails, papers, and even conversations with friends.  By the end of that LSAT after all the bubbling, and bubbling, and then writing and writing, my little hand would not move!


So needless to say, I will most likely not take the LSAT again...


NEXT STEP:
Apply to UNC, Campbell, NC Central, Elon, and Duke (idk why, because there is nooooo freaking way Duke will let me in, but hubby says don't worry about "wasting" 50 bucks on the application fee, cause you'll always wonder and it never hurts to try....gah I love him!)


Here goes...well...everything!  Thanks to all who read yesterday and supported me with prayer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment