Thursday, September 27, 2012

Long Week

Friends,
It has been a tough week.  I was sick Monday, mostly due to my lack of sustenance before & after my first day of 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels.  I couldn't stand up without feeling like I was gonna hurl, and feeling like that makes me not want to eat, which makes it worse, which meant that I called in sick, went back to bed and slept for 4 more hours...

In retrospect it was kind of sad that I had that much trouble after a 20 minute workout...but I got up the next day and did it again, this time with some Trop50 (lower calorie orange juice) thanks to Hubby and I didn't have any problems :)

Stig Before our walk
Stig After our walk...passed out lol


Monday, after Jillian almost killed me, I had class and a paper due, which I had struggled with.  It was probably the most difficult assignment I have ever had in school.  I am taking Ethical Problems in the Law, a philosophy class, and I chose, on purpose folks, to give myself extra work and take the Honors option, which means 4 additional papers to write on top of the regular classwork.  The first paper....didn't quite go as planned, and the second...well I asked for more help along the way, which just held a mirror up for me showing me how inept I am at analyzing and breaking down a philosophical essay.  I am disappointed at myself, but I am going to make it.  My second paper was due Monday, and I knew it wasn't up to par with what my professor wanted, but I turned it in anyway.  She could tell I was disappointed with it, so she gave me until tomorrow (Friday) to re-write and email it to her.  I am trying to muster through, but its a tough paper...I can usually figure out how to get through just about any type of writing assignment but this type of gleaning of information and extrapolation is really difficult.

Wednesday, and Thursday (today) I worked extra hours at my wonderfully flexible law office to make up the time I missed from Jillian Michaels induced nausea on Monday, so I worked from 9:30-5 both days, leaving less time for other things (PS. I used to work 12 hours shifts...which often turned into 14-18 hour shifts...so I am no stranger to hard work, I am just used to working my little part time job right now :) )

Friday, our Community Group(CG...bible study group of amazing friends) is putting on a cookout for the neighborhood in which three of the families in our group live.  We are doing it up big with burgers, hot dogs, sides, games, and drinks.  We are really hoping that we can show Jesus to the neighborhood and love some people.  I am stoked...getting to make cupcakes, pasta salad, and grilled zucchini & squash.

I stepped out of my office for a few minutes a couple weeks ago, and I came back to find these from Hubby
Saturday, Hubby and I got (cheap groupon) tickets to go see the Carolina Ballet.  He is such a great date :)  He always comes up with fun and enriching things for us to do together.  We go to the Art Museum, Go Karting, out to new restaurants...Hubby is always coming up with fun things for us to do together.  We are also going out to dinner beforehand with our friends Josh and Ashley.  Cant wait, but I'll be so glad when Sunday comes and I can take a BIG breath and relax...

No comments:

Post a Comment